Sunday 7 February 2016

My Top Ten: Lipsticks

Hello everyone,

Today I have decided to do a post on my all time favourite top 10 lipsticks. These include ones that I have used and loved for years as well as ones I have recently discovered and haven't put down since. Most of these lipsticks are the ones I tend to pick up more frequently than others in my collection. They do consist mainly of MAC, this is because I would say MAC is most likely my favourite brand for lipsticks as they offer such a wide range of colours and the pigmentation is always extremely good, they also normally have a very long lasting power. If you have not tried MAC lipsticks before I would definitely recommend doing so. However, there are also some drugstore ones too that I equally love! There is also a mixture between bold, statement colours, such as Red's and purple as well as more subtle nudes. Just to let you know these are in no particular oder. I hope you enjoy!

My Top 10 Lipsticks



1) Rimmel London 107
Rimmel London- '107'
This colour has been a favourite of mine for many years and is one I always go back to. I would describe the colour as a dark berry shade, more red with purple undertones. I think it would suit most skin colours, however especially pale! I find it is a very bold colour therefore, tend to wear it on a night out. You could either go for a simple eye look or if feeling slightly more daring wear purple undertone eye makeup or even a smokey. 
2) Estee Lauder Pure Colour in 'Envy'

Estee Lauder Pure colour in 'Envy'
This is a colour that I have just recently discovered as it did not come out too long ago. However, I am not sure if it is still on the market as it was limited addition as a part of the Kendal Jenner range, although they may have a similar colour in the collection. I love this colour as it is different from the other reds that I have, it is a bit lighter and a lot brighter and feel it suits me with my dark hair. I love to wear this with black winged eyeliner and usually for a special occasion.



3) L'oreal Paris- Eva's 'Delicate Rose'

L'oreal Paris- Eva's 'Delicate rose'
This is also one that I recently discovered and have been loving. It is apart of the 'Collection exclusive' that L'oreal are currently doing. I love the range and would definitely recommend checking it out. This colour is a very pinky nude, and I love using it on a day to day basis. I also really like the texture of it as it is very smooth and moisturising.


4)Rimmel London 'Naughty Nude'

Rimmel London- '700 naughty nude'
I have always been a fan of Rimmel London's lipsticks as I believe they are good cheaper alternatives. I would describe this colour as 'my lips but better' as it just adds a subtle change. It is more of a darker pinky nude shade and is one I find I can just put on and go without having to worry too much if it matches as it usually does. I also love the texture of this as again it is very moisturising.


5) MAC- 'Ruby Woo'

MAC- 'Ruby Woo'
This is probably one of my all time favourite red lipsticks. It is fairly dark and extremely bold and daring. I would recommend using a lip liner when applying this as I find sometimes it can be tricky, I use MAC's 'Ruby Woo'. This colour is extremely matte, which is the effect that I like most, however because of this it can be a little drying, thus I would recommend applying lip balm before. I often wear this with either black winged liner or a gold eye look and find the lipstick tends to last all night, which is a massive bonus!


6) MAC 'Lady Danger'

MAC- 'Lady Danger'
This is an orange toned red and is a lot lighter than Ruby Woo. I find this colour works really well in the summer, especially with a bit of a tan! It is also a matte lipstick and I find that it really does last a long time.


                                                                                                                            7) MAC 'Velvet Teddy'

MAC- 'Velvet Teddy'
You may be familiar with this colour as it is has been raved about recently and has said to be one of the colours Kyle Jenner likes to wear. It is a brown toned nude and is pretty dark. It is also very matte and stays on the lips for the majority of the day! I believe this lipstick is fairly versatile as you can easily wear it during the day with a natural eye or glam it up in the evening with a smokey eye look. 



8) MAC 'Rebel'

MAC- 'Rebel'
Before trying this lipstick I was slightly skeptical of wearing purple on my lips, but since buying it I have fallen in love! It is a very bold lip and I would say that it is buildable, as when applying one layer it comes across a lot lighting than how it looks, however it can easily be built up to look a lot more dramatic. 





                                                                                                                                         9) MAC 'Brave'

MAC- 'Brave'
This is probably my favourite nude as it pretty much goes with any look. It is fairly similar to 'Velvet Teddy' however is slightly more pink. It is a satin which means it gives off a bit more off a shine and is slightly more moisturising than a matte. 


                                                          10) MAC 'Dozen Carnation'

MAC- 'Dozen Carnation'
This is a fairly light orange colour, and once again one I like to wear in the summer often during the day and night. It is a cremesheen thus is pretty shiny and moisturising, although the only downfall to this is that it does not last quite as long as a matte.




I hope you enjoyed reading this blog, in the future I may show you some looks that I like to wear with these lipsticks, so keep updated if that is something you would like to see! Let me know in the comments what your favourite lipsticks are, I would love to hear about them!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© For The Love Of Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig